- Keep committed data safe.
- Keep running in the face of most failures. Make everything redundant.
- If unable to keep running, prefer to fail fast over getting hung up.
- When something is wrong, make it obvious to the admin.
- Let users choose cost/safety tradeoffs that work for their risk tolerance.
No system is perfect or finished, and there is always more for us to do. But we’ve taken a no-compromises approach to consistency, data safety, and high availability. Defects in these areas are stop-ship bugs.
Steady progress since the project started in 2008 has paid off. VoltDB is now driving mission critical business for telecommunications, finance, global networks and more, all over the world. These customers demand best-in-class uptime before they will even consider your product, and VoltDB is leading the way.