We’re pleased to announce the availability of VoltDB v7.5.
- Kafka updates (most requested by customers)
- Kafka 0.10.2 an upgrade from our previous Kafka 0.8 support. King was interested in doing this upgrade. For now, we support both versions.
- SSL in Kafka. The Kafka 0.10 upgrade enabled us to get SSL support – which enhances our security story even more
- Kafka messages going to two or more tables
- SQL features and improvements
- INSERT INTO..SELECT now takes way less temp memory, enabling it to be used on very large partitioned tables (customers have wanted this for a while)
- More flexible placement of COUNT(*) in views
- Unary minus
- SQL functions to calculate RADIANS() and DEGREES()
- New @Statistics QUEUE selector, to help customers and support diagnose performance issues.
- Bug fixes and a bunch more features.
For full info, see the Release Notes.