Pre-Recorded Webinar: Accelerate the Rollout of NFV & 5G & Beat the OTTs at Their Own Game
Legacy telcos and CSPs are being squeezed by challengers, including over-the-top players like Google and Facebook, as well as application providers that populate the handsets of every telco’s customers. Traditional revenue streams are being eroded in many ways, even as time spent on devices increases.
At the same time, subscribers are benefiting from a shift in power in their relationships with telcos. Their expectations are rising as they interact with over-the-top players and app providers on their devices in real time; they expect the same level of personalized real-time service and interaction from their telecoms operator. When they don’t get it, they switch carriers.
5G and NFV offer telcos and CSPs a way to compete with OTT providers while providing improved levels of service, more interactive, immersive experiences, and more precise billing to consumers. Join Heavy Reading Analyst Roz Roseboro and VoltDB’s Dennis Duckworth/Dheeraj Remella for this webinar where we discuss:
- Why carriers need to go to 5G and NFV – now;
- Requirements of data platforms that can transport much larger volumes of data at lower latency;
- How to think about your network, the advent of ultrafast edge computing and how to prepare today by designing on-demand systems and capacity planning to be competitive tomorrow via SDN and NFV
- New database architectures to support on-demand, per service, per device, per time of day scalability and billing/revenue models; multi-tier rating
- New data security models
- Roz Roseboro, Senior Analyst, Heavy Reading
- Dheeraj Remella, Director, Solutions Architecture, VoltDB
- Dennis Duckworth, Senior Director of Product Marketing, VoltDB
- Duane Gabor, Telco Solutions Lead, VoltDB
Request More Information
Let us know if you have questions or want to discuss how we might help your company — contact us!