The Changing Landscape of the Database Industry — What Evaluators Need to Consider When Choosing a Database in 2018
Picking the right database in 2018 isn’t any easier than it was just a few years ago in 2015.
In 2015, the problem we faced was the sheer profusion of alternatives, due in large part to the emergence of NoSQL/NewSQL technologies. As we enter 2018, the overload of choices still remains, but it’s compounded even more so with “database-like” technologies making their way into the marketplace, as well as misconceptions around NoSQL/NewSQL’s capabilities.
So, what should you take into account when looking at a new database? In this webinar, we dig into this question and share insights for choosing a database that meets your particular needs.
Topics covered, include:
- Why we ended up with an oligarchy of relational databases, and why that oligarchy went away
- The risks of sacrificing speed at the expense of other mission-critical features
- Database internal architectures: Setting yourself up for future success
- Critical considerations to think about before choosing a database
- And more
- David Rolfe, Director of Solutions Engineering EMEA, VoltDB
- Tom Howcroft, Director of Sales EMEA, VoltDB