Benchmark: VoltDB vs. Redis
This benchmark report compares VoltDB vs Redis.
Motivation and Goals of this Evaluation
- Compare the performance of several distributed databases that can be used for state storage in some of our applications Low latency is expected
- Persistence on disk is not required
- The comparison of the features of these databases is not covered in this presentation
- This is part of a technology investigation, not a product decision
- Popular tools such as YCSB (Yahoo! Cloud Serving Benchmark) focus on typical cloud workloads for key-value stores and NoSQL databases: access by primary key, no locking.
- But we want to compare the databases under a more demanding scenario.
Download below to read the full report:
May 3, 2018