Tag: NewSQL

3 Benefits of Using a In-Memory NewSQL Data Platform for Smart Stream Processing

Stream Processing with VoltDB
Traditional pub/sub systems such as Apache Kafka (and their numerous ever evolving stream processing avatars like Apache Samza, Apache Storm, Apache Flink, etc.) work fine for a bunch of simple use cases where there is a need for simple decisions, speed, scale and stability. However, for most real-life business scenarios in industries such as finance, [...]

Database Technology in a Blockchain World

It’s just about official—blockchain has taken over the world. Or, to be more accurate, the idea of blockchain has taken over the world. In recent months, we’ve seen Long Island Iced Tea Corp. become Long Blockchain Corp. and Kodak revive itself with blockchain aspirations. These unexpected moves led to some head scratching, but also to […]

The State of Database Technology, Part 1: Scaleability

Editor’s note: This post is re-posted here by permission from the author. The original post was on LinkedIn on December 2, 2017. Despite multiple challenger technologies (eg. Object Oriented databases), the relational databases from Oracle, IBM and Microsoft have prevailed supreme for over 30 years. This dominance has however been increasingly challenged by a new [...]

NewSQL in Plain English

Editor’s note: This post is re-posted here by permission from the author. The original post was on LinkedIn on January 10, 2018. The world has changed massively in the past 20 years. Back in the year 2000, a few million users connected to the web using a 56k modem attached to a PC, and Amazon only sold [...]

Fast Data in Financial Services: Key Trends to Maintain a Competitive Edge

Finserv: Key Trends for Fast Data

Financial services institutions are faced with a number of high-pressure demands, whether it be from regulators, investors, customers, and internal business users. These demands require that firms create, monitor, and provide access to vast amounts of data which must be immediately accessible, correct, and stored for various lengths of time. Data is a lifeblood as […]

NoSQL vs. NewSQL: Choosing the Right Tool

Trying to choose a database to solve a problem (or a whole set of them)? Here’s a quick rundown of the advantages – and disadvantages – of NoSQL versus NewSQL. Choosing the right tool for the job at hand is 80 percent of getting to a solution; the other 20 percent is really understanding the […]

  • 184/A, Newman, Main Street Victor
  • info@examplehigh.com
  • 889 787 685 6