A New Offering from VoltDB – VoltDB Pro
The lion’s share of VoltDB deployments are enterprise-size, comprising a dozen or more nodes, processing over 1 billion transactions a day. But often we hear from start-ups, small-medium companies, or independent ISVs who need VoltDB speed, high availability and low latency ACID guarantees, but on a slightly smaller scale. With that in mind, VoltDB recently unveiled a new product offering, VoltDB Pro. The goal of VoltDB Pro is to put VoltDB into the hands of application developers who need smaller footprint deployments, while still offering all the power of Enterprise Edition, including full durability and high availability. Further, today VoltDB Pro is offered at an introductory price of $6,000 per year.
What, specifically, is VoltDB Pro?
- Maximum of a 3 node cluster VoltDB Pro limits the cluster size to 3 nodes. With each node capable of processing over 150,000 transactions per second, the processing power of VoltDB Pro is capable of supporting numerous application patterns.
- Full Durability Like VoltDB Enterprise, your data is safe with VoltDB Pro. The VoltDB Pro edition is fully durable (full ACID semantics), supporting both snapshot and command logging.
- Highly Available VoltDB Pro supports k-safety (redundancy level) of 0 (no redundancy) or k-safety of 1 or 2, allowing for the failure of up to two nodes while still retaining a full copy of data in memory, thus allowing the database to remaining highly available for your applications.
- Importers and Exporters Ingest streams of data from one of the supplied VoltDB Importers, from Kafka, Kinesis or a feed of your choosing. Once you have processed the data with VoltDB, you can then stream the data to its next destination – HDFS, Hive, JDBC, Kafka, a flat file or a custom target – via our Export connectors.
- VoltDB University Training Come up to speed quickly on key VoltDB concepts through our online training offering, VoltDB University, found here.
- VoltDB Vanguard Certification One registration for VoltDB Vanguard Certification is included with your purchase of VoltDB Pro.
- Email-only Customer Support Yes, support is included for VoltDB Pro. Our top-notch support team is ready to assist you with any questions and problems you might encounter. Simply drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you within one business day.
What can you build with Pro? The possibilities are endless – I’m sure you could have guessed I’d say that! However, with the processing power of a 3 node VoltDB cluster, users get a highly available transactional database capable of processing over 200,000 transactions per second. This is more than enough horsepower for applications powering digital ad tech, mobile and online gaming, Internet of Things (IoT) and many other Fast Data Pipeline and real-time decisioning applications.
We also now offer VoltDB Pro on AWS. If you’d like to avoid committing to an annual license for VoltDB Pro, consider using Pro on AWS. The AWS VoltDB Pro offering allows you to use VoltDB in your applications and pay on a per-hour usage basis, without a time-based commitment.
If you find your application needs to scale to more than 3 nodes, or requires database replication (DR) or cross-datacenter replication (XDCR), you will want to check out VoltDB Enterprise Edition (download a trial here).
If you are just getting started and want to run a small (but powerful) VoltDB cluster, consider downloading VoltDB Pro or spinning Pro up in Amazon’s cloud. Give it a try and let us know what you think. If you are interested in purchasing VoltDB Pro, please drop our sales team a note at email@example.com.